Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Lesson Two: A Thousand "MOM!'s"

I read something today reminding me to be always be thankful for the health and well being of all four of my children.  I am thankful for the thousand times I heard,  "MOM!!!",  as somewhere there is a mama who does not have that luxury and would love to hear it just one. more. time.  I am thankful for this disaster of a house because there are mothers who would give anything to have another mess to clean up instead of a broken heart to mend.  These are the women who suffer grief beyond anything I could possibly understand. My heart hurts so very much for them and yet I am selfishly thankful I cannot relate to the pain they carry day in and day out.

Even on days when life seems so hectic and kids seem so wild, I never want to lose sight of the privilege of parenting. It all so quickly could be taken away with no warning, never to return again.

I am thankful I am able to love them with all my might. I am thankful I was able to hug them, and kiss them and feed them and laugh at them. I am thankful I was able to mother them today.