Thursday, October 27, 2011

Blogging WON, Internet ZERO. At Least For Tonight.

Oh, my.

Bear with me on this post, I don't know where it's going or where it will land. But, if you stick with it, I'll share a mind blowing surprise. I'm even shocked at it myself. Rules are - you have to read the whole thing or it won't appear! So, no scrolling. And, no I'm not pregnant. There. I ruined that for you, didn't I? You shameful lot.

I don't know what it is in my nature that allows me to aimlessly surf the Internet but, man oh man, it sure is an ever present struggle. I promise you, if I were able, I could watch those YouTube videos of soldiers surprising their families and the "We're going to Disney World!" videos ALL. NIGHT. LONG. If I happened to tire of the joyous, I'd just get started on the gross. You know, the worlds largest pimple, cysts that talk and worms that bury themselves in your brain and then have to be pulled out millimeter by fascinating millimeter. Absolutely disgusting and yet...yet...I can't look away. And, that's just the videos. I only visit the videos when I'm tired of reading valid articles and thought provoking blogs; Only after I can't stand to see one more Person of Walmart, Lamebook becomes too..lame, and FML starts to describe how I am feeling.

I started to fall prey to my mindless surfing when I realized that I do indeed need to write while I drink this cup of coffee. Why? The coffee or the writing? The coffee helps because I am up before 6am every day. The writing is creative and uses my blindingly bright brain. (Extra point for awesome alliteration?)

Let's see.

I had to deal with a very unexpected parenting issue yesterday. I must keep it private, but I also must admit how thankful I am for God's Holy guidance and this mothering instinct He designed. Isn't that awesome? God created us with a very valid, very real, very perceptive, natural instinct that cannot be defined, measured or proven effective. But, if you are a mother, you know it's unarguably real. When you pair that with prayer, faith, and people He puts in your path -  you just know you are doing the right thing, or handling something in the correct manner. I believe that occasionally He will put things in our path that require our all out trust in Him and if you cling to that, you cannot lose. He ALWAYS proves Himself faithful.

And it's just not mothers who are special to Him; God has a special place in his heart for ALL women. Often times people are quick to take certain scripture out of context and leave people with the impression that God expects women to be shrinking violets stuck solely on submission. This is not true, Sisters! God has made us differently than men, obviously, but many times in the Bible, He called women to display their inherent strength, unshakable faith and complete compassion as a way to accomplish His tasks. The same goes for today. God can most certainly use women to further His Kingdom and foster His incomparable love.

One more thing about God and Women - I read an extraordinary book once. Twice, actually. It is one of the few books that have really changed my life and my perspective. It's called Captivating. If I were wealthy, I'd buy you all a copy.

In the book it talks in depth about how uniquely God designed women and His special relationship with us. The author begins by describing a beautiful scene where God - the Master Creator, The Artist above all other - is creating the earth. In vivid and lucid detail she explains the days of creation. When the Heavenly Artist is finished - after He created all else in it's grandiose splendor, He stepped back to review His work. He was not finished. His Ultimate design was not yet perfected. There was something missing. He needed the Pièce de résistance, if you will. And then...He created Woman. The world was now complete.

How special does that make you feel?

Me?

It makes my heart EXPLODE and makes me feel so dignified, so lovely and oh so special.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well. 
Psalms 139:14 



OK -  Since you read all your words, close your eyes and the SURPRISE! will appear.

I'm getting my hair cut on Saturday. Yep. If you know me, you know this is a big deal. No, A REALLY BIG DEAL. My hair is always the same despite the rainbow of dark colors I've had the past few years.  I'm totally nervous but genuinely excited. I'm seeing the superstar of all superstars and fancy shamncing it up. No random stylist at Great Clips for me - I'm going with the PRO. I'm taking Abby with me too. Wish me luck!