Sunday, October 23, 2011

200th Post

My 200th post of 2011!

It's also the 365th post on this specific blog - do you realize what that means? You could read one post of mine, every day, for a whole year! I'm one step away from becoming a desktop calendar! 

No, really. There is dancing in the streets, confetti in the air and all over merriness.

Thank you to every single one of you who has taken the time to read this here blog of mine. I've said it before, but I really mean it. I appreciate you so much. It's probably a good thing that I can't tell who visits this site, because I'd have to come over and hug you.

Creepy? Maybe.

Fun? YES!

Who couldn't use a hug from me?  I'm a fantastic hugger - top notch, even. It's all the love I naturally have, all the trees I've had to practice on, and all those years I spent being a hippie giving them away for free. 

To those of you who have ever left a comment on facebook or sent me a message following a post, extra hugs for you. You have no idea how much it brightens my day to hear from you and how much your support makes me keep writing.

Speaking of writing - a professional writer friend posted this sentiment last week:

Becoming a good writer is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet.

Clever, no? And, OH. SO. TRUE.

Despite being a very intelligent woman - hearing the simplest, most obvious things really motivate me, sometimes.  Like when I was a 19 year old, unmarried, unemployed new mama. I was complaining to my dad about not having any money. He said, "Melissa - the fastest way to end not having any money is to......GET A JOB."

Shocking revelation, I know!

(I had a job by the end of the week, and then worked for that same company for the next 7 years.)

Same goes with that quote. It's painstakingly true wrapped in a sheet of amusing words. It's straightforwardness has me currently motivated to spend less time pointlessly, though enjoyably, surfing the splendor of the internet, and more time doing what I love.

Writing.

The readership of this blog has grown exponentially, year over year. That sounds impressive, doesn't it? Albeit true, that's not hard to do because once I had two readers, I had already doubled my audience. While it does not compare to the blogs that draw millions of visits a day and allow their authors to roll in the dough in addition to leading brands begging to sponsor their writing - it is accomplishing exactly what I had intended to do.

Share my life, develop my hobby and connect with you.

So, again. Thank you. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

And, please come answer your door.

It's cold out here....

xoxo