Wednesday, October 5, 2011

15.5 Months: Jesus & Football

You pick your nose with both fingers, you overachiever.

You fearlessly JUMP off of things like tables and chairs, couches and siblings, wearing a devilish grin.

You chase your sisters back and forth through the kitchen to the living room, running and laughing like a complete madman.

You climb enough stairs to make it around the corner and sneakily peak your head around to see if I'm watching, every time. As soon as we make eye contact, you cackle and scamper ever so quickly up the stairs.

You eat everything we do, but sincerely dislike pickles (don't blame you!).

You squeal with delight when you see an apple or chocolate milk.

You're adamant about coloring but relentlessly give in to the temptation of eating the crayons.

You're vocabulary has increased significantly week after week, with the latest words being: Jesus (sounds like cheesus), Football (sounds like bootball) and Hot (you whisper it each time you say it and draw it out to at least 4 or 5 seconds). 

You can point to your head, nose, ears, eyes, mouth, hands and feet, fully expecting me to kiss your toes every time you show me them.

You are currently rebelling against your diaper and twist like some circus contortionist each time I try to change you.

You are the reason people baby proof.

You received your first hair cut.  

You gave yourself a bump on the head for the first time - miraculously there had been no big bumps previous. This occurred due to you jumping backwards off of the coffee table. You Nutball. It scared me more than it hurt you, I think. You also experienced your first frozen food icepack. You looked at me like I had lost my mind and started laughing hysterically at the act of me putting food on your head. Your giggles calmed us both down.

You are my perfect, fearless, smart, silly, wonderful daredevil.