Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday Night

Monday Night.

There used to be a time in my life when Monday nights meant shaking my bones and swirling my skirts at a local, campus dive bar, dancing to a Grateful Dead cover band playing many of my favorite songs. Even though it has been several years, and that dark, dank bar has since been demolished and the band disbanded (I believe) -  I cannot type or say Monday Night without thinking of those days with a bit of  hippy, hazey nostalgia.

Toady's Monday night is a bit different. Instead of Guinness or Oatmeal Stout, I am waiting on coffee to finish. I suppose I could hop out of this chair and dance a bit, but my gaucho's don't sway as perfectly as a long, beautiful skirt. I can however, enjoy some of my favorite songs as I prepare to relax for the evening.

Wil is working late and attending a fantasy football draft so he will be home laaaate. The big kids have finally settled down in their beds as they desperately fail at adapting to an earlier bedtime as summer is mere hours from ending. John has been asleep for a while and is probably dreaming of ways to woo me even more. Raegan is curled up on the couch as to not distract her older siblings. Thanks be to everything good that Jerry is drowning out the Dora.

Me? I am either gonna be right here listening to music and trying to write and not just stumble around the internet. Or.... Ill be right over there watching seasons of The Office, which by the way, is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I love everything about that show; I laugh loudly and  heartily at nearly every episode. I did not watch it in its prime, so I have had to catch up. Thanks to the beauty of netflix - I have made it through to the 3rd season with like 4 more to go!

Actually. Everyone is sleeping now. The coffee smells to be done. I think it is a perfect time to go put my feet up for a bit and enjoy the last night of summer vacation, knowing tomorrow will be a very big day filled with preparation and excitement for schools debut on Wednesday.

Before I leave, here is one that I can listen to anywhere, under any circumstance, and genuinely smile - Franklin's Tower  I really enjoyed the faster tempo on this version.