Wednesday, June 1, 2011

10 Days with NO SPENDING.

Have you ever went TEN Days without spending ANY money?

I have and I often do. 

When we made the decision to go from two incomes to only one - I knew that my spending habits would have to be revisited.  I have never been one heavily focused on anything designer or weekly shopping sprees, or fancy - better-than-the-jones' material goods. You would think living without spending money would come easy for me, because I prefer the simplicity and don't require much.

But.

My spending habits fall short when you think of how often I was stopping to buy a $4 coffee, or a $25 fast food meal for my kids, or a quick $7 movie. All that stuff adds up SO qucickly.

Once you become cautious of those extra dollars that spend so easily, you'd be surprised at how much money you spend on completely unnecessary nonsense.  Of course, my revelation was expedited because we have to make every dollar count, but none the less, it's a good habit to have.


Here is an article from Yahoo today that sparked the thought behind this post, and that shares some really helpful tips. Even if you don't  HAVE to watch your budget, challenge yourself to do so!

We live our lives with so much useless crap.

Eliminate some over the next 10 days and watch your bank account smile!