Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Typical Slacker Justification

I'm long over due at writing.

Saturday...Really?

Tsk. Tsk. Melissa.

I really respect people who have found the discipline to write every. single. day. It's not as easy as one would think. It requires effort, focus, and devotion - even more so when you have kids. And, especially when one of those is a 10month old baby who tries to run, and climb everything he possibly can, and some things he cannot. He requires constant, non stop supervision. Unless he's sleeping.

At that peacefully silent point when all four kids are sleeping, It's all I can do to lay myself down on the couch and turn on some kind of ghost hunting show, or any of the different antique shows, anything not on Nick Jr (God Bless 'Em) and anything without blasted singing (other than GLEE!).

Some days, the couch seems thousands of miles away and I just wanna collapse in a heap of fresh, slightly chewed on cheerios (after already vacuuming them up 52 times today), cover myself up with laundry that needs to be folded (who else does 5 loads a day?), while Dora sings me to sleep and II dream of catching that bastard Swiper.

I am absolutely bone tired.

In addition to sheer exhaustion, the weather outside isn't conducive to feeling better, AT ALL. After a gorgeous weekend - spent mostly outside - this entire week has been obnoxiously cold (like turn your heat back on, wear a coat outside COLD) and consistently rainy.  What is it about gloomy days and grey skies that make you wanna cuddle up with your couch and practice the art of sloth?

Anyhow, that's my deal.  Here is hoping I catch up on some writing today. It's funny - even though I haven't been posting, I've thought of 2185 things to talk about. SO, here is hoping I can catch up a bit today. Good Luck, Me.

Hope all of you are enjoying you week, so far! It's half way over at this point!

xoxo