Friday, May 27, 2011

Private Person, Public Blog

There are just definite times where the thoughts in my head do not belong on "paper", even the virtual kind.  Sometimes, there are normal circumstances and events that warrant introspection and mandate privacy. There is something to be gained by confessional writing,  but there is also a definite sense of timing and appropriateness. None of these things have sync'd up at all recently.

I'm rather private by nature, At it's peak is when I delay in writing anything remotely significant. It seems kinda funny how a private person can have a public blog, you know? But,....really it's a reflection of me.

As I've mentioned before, I am one of those people who will answer you honestly when asked ANY question - I'm really open like that. Yet, I tend to hesitate when it comes to sharing anything personal unless I find you genuine and trustworthy.

Once that happens, it's like, Holy Crap, Melissa, who the hell knew?! (So wish I was kidding!)

Blogs are different in the sense that I voluntarily put whatever information I want on the Internet and who ever wants to read it does so. There is no level of trust, at all. Anyone can draw their own conclusions, make their own assumptions based solely on my words. There is something very freeing about that , but it also leaves me feeling very apprehensive and vulnerable. It is then that this flashing curser, and blank screen yells, "More retreat, less type!"

So, that's my reason for slacking on the writing lately.

It's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Typical.