Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 29 - M is for Messy

Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.

I really wish I could change from a self proclaimed Messy to a Neat-o. 

I have been messy my entire life, despite having Martha Stewart for a mom. 

I'm not kidding - my mom made it all look easy. She could have a housefull of 10 kids and her home still be spotless. Trash never needed taking out, laundry never piled up, dishes never sat in the sink - homework was done without argument, behavior notes never came home, and she baked like a mad woman. Everything had it's place, and everything could be easily found. 

I wish I could be more like her - because some days, by the end of the day, my house looks like I sat on my tooshie the entire day. When - honestly, I promise! - I have worked on it allllll. day. long. There are some days where you could spend an hour looking for a lost earring, some days where dinner dishes turn into morning dishes, and the criteria for matching socks is: "Are they both white? Ok, then, go go go".

Yes, I let Baby John direct the day so completing tasks takes longer and longer.  I wouldn't trade my cuddle time with my beautiful, loving baby boy for a sparkling house, no matter what the cost. Baby time is way more important than an 'everything in it's place' kind of home - but I would, very much, like for it to come easier. 


I would like to be neater and more organized without giving up my baby time, please and thank you!