Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sad Irony.

I just finished answering a question about someone who treated me like shit - or made my life hell. 

I can't let the fact that this question fell on the day where the LGBT community joined forces to take a stand against bulling, slide by without any mention here, on my blog.

Regardless of how you personally feel about homosexuality - you cannot condone or ignore the fact that our children are killing themselves because of the unnecessary pain and humiliation brought on by the hands - and words - of other children.

And it's just not children (teenagers, but they are still, innocent, young children in the big picture of life) who are termed gay - there are stories of heterosexual kids who would rather die then be made fun of one more day by bullies.

It's utterly heartbreaking.  

It is YOUR job as a parent, mentor, neighbor, friend to put a stop to this - and to talk to your children about about love, acceptance, and everyone's basic right to be treated fairly, regardless of any personal, political, religious, or sexual belief. It's YOUR job to set the proper example at home, at work and at play.

To my fellow Christians - I point my finger directly at you, and say that we - ESPECIALLY - need to ensure that WE and our children - are showing God's love to ALL, and that bullying of any nature and for any reason is NOT acceptable.

These deaths are more than tragic.