Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

I had a really nice, really relaxing weekend spent with my family.

We celebrated my own Father's day on Saturday - and spent the day laughing, swimming and enjoying some wicked delicious food. I love my Dad so much. He's incredibly special, loving and loyal. He's worked so hard providing for all four of us children and my mother over the past 30 years. I never realized how lucky I was to have a Dad like him until I grew up (maybe becuase my boyfriends would refer to him as "The Hulk" and that wasn't so fun, tee hee).  Our relationship has really matured and I love where it stands now.  It is so special and I am so lucky.

We spent Wil's Fathers day at a cook out - where I also consumed an insane amount of grilled veggies...They sooo hit the spot. Wil made a phenonmal lime - something I forget - vinegrette marainade for the chicken. He's so talented. I know he tires of 15 years in the Kitchen but whenever he cooks - it's such a testiment to his talent. I am also so very, very, very lucky to have Wil as my children's father. He, like my dad, really does whatever it takes to support us and LOVE us. It's incredible. We were so young when we started this parenting deal and he has exceeded all my expectations. Happy Father's Day to the best Daddy my children could have.

3 of my children got to enjoy the festivities - Baby Quatro is still being stubborn :) I'm not gonna sweat it. Instead, I'm gonna go lay down, eat some ice cream and watch Harry Potter - The Half Blood Prince with my hubby. Baby Quatro will come when he or she damn well pleases, apparently : )