Saturday, June 19, 2010

D-Day

Today is June 19, 2010.

Today is THE day.

THE Due Date!

Obviously I am not birthing beautiful baby quatro at this moment, but I am encouraged!

I was up at 3am this morning with some very strong, very painful contractions. So strong that I thought for a minute, just a wee minute, that we might be celebrating Baby Quatro's birthday.

The contractions stopped, of course - but not before I did some laundry and packed some things that the bags were missing. Had the contractions continued, it would have been the real deal.

I did not wake up disappointed that I was still pregnant this morning - like many of the mornings this week. I woke up feeling encouraged because this means my body is doing what it is supposed to do to bring this baby into the world.

I am praying, however, that they start back up and um...don't stop until we have a baby!

Maybe we will see him/her this weekend. Maybe not is also a possibility but even so, I know that it is approaching.

Yay.