Saturday, June 5, 2010

Beulah Land

Even though I wasn't blogging, I was thinking about it....

My Grandpa passed away in late April. He was a good man who devoted his life to the ministry of Jesus. He was a pastor for over 50 years and changed several people's lives. When you ask anyone about my father's parents (my grandma passed several years ago) the first thing you would think of was Jesus. That's pretty powerful.

One of the hardest parts of the funeral for me, was hearing this song. He was very detailed in how he wanted his arrangements - and he chose this as one of his songs. I had not heard it since I was a little girl - and the moment it started playing, my subconscious transported me back - to standing next to my Grandma in their little church, singing this song. It was extremely powerful and moving. I can hear both of them singing it around their house, in church, in the car so very clearly.

It pops into my head from time to time since then, and it did this morning.