Thursday, April 8, 2010

Why Wouldn't They Hatch?

Easter was awesome - day filled with sunshine and family. I had all the Big Boys together, all my kids, my nephew, my BFF and her daughter.

Despite being temporarily pissy at the new batteries I bought which were bunk (I so wanted to call and complain! My $5 went right out the window!) and missing pictures of the beautiful Easter eggs they colored, the fun Easter egg hunt and other general shenanigans (think 30 year old men trying to ride a Ripstick) I was in a great mood all day. It was an awesome family day - one of the best we've had in a while!

If I had to pick two favorite moments....

After we had finished the Easter egg hunt, I instantly ' hopped' (nice, I know) all over the hard boiled eggs. I had been waiting - they hit the prego spot. Raegan was very interested in what I was doing peeling the brightly, colored, well designed egg. She suddenly became very excited..

"Mommy! Mommy! They are Hatching! They are Hatching!"

The look on her face when she saw the reality was priceless. Soooo disappointed, and very creeped out. It would've made a perfect picture.....had the batteries worked ; )

Second favorite moment - God showed his love to me in a very personal, very private way. There is no need to explain, just to acknowledge how wonderful it is to have the love and support of a forgiving, all knowing, loving Savior. It was a vivid display of Jesus being alive today.

I was very pleased, and very thankful, and very, very tired by the end of the Holiday.